Since 1997, multinational corporations, governments, and at-risk individuals around the world have relied on FAM International Security for specialised security solutions. FAM provides services for industry-leading multinational companies throughout North America, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Europe.
Drawing upon experience gained through a combined total of more than 100 years of service in governmental agencies and law enforcement, military special operations, and corporate security departments, our skilled staff provide exceptional services to our clients in every area of investigative services locally, nationally, and on a global scale.
A Team-Based Approach to Investigations
Utilising state-of-the-art technology and a team-based approach to solving your problems, our investigators provide a full range of services and have extensive experience in the areas of investigative law and reporting techniques, background investigations, surveillance, interviewing, fraud and litigation issues, including information searches.
Bringing someone into your business, your confidence, or your family requires both courage and caution. The statistics are startling:
- More than 80% of corporate fraud is committed by employees
- Nearly 60% of hiring managers say that they have discovered falce declarations on a candidate’s application. (Careerbuilder.com)
- Industry insiders agree that up to 50% of resumes including management-level contain exaggerations, material omissions, and/or blatant falsehoods. (Forbes, 5/28/06; BusinessWeek 10/04/07)
- Nearly two-thirds of us agree that honesty isn’t always the best policy and that false declarations/claims are acceptable. (Harlequin Romance Report 2008)
Whether for business or personal use, FAM’s background checks include:
- Name, address, and birth date verification
- Confirmation of academic and professional qualifications
- Criminal, civil, and probate records
- Address history
- Bankruptcies and liens
- Supply chain auditing
- Lawsuits, claims, and judgments
- Property ownership
- Previous marriages
- Relatives and associates
- Citizenship/immigration status
- Credit history
A FAM investigation will enable you to assess the entire spectrum of the transaction, and our recommendations will afford you the opportunity to reduce risks before any commitment.
Insurance Investigation and Worker’s Compensation Fraud
Insurance adjusters, claims examiners, human resources managers, risk managers, and legal entities rely on FAM International to deliver unassailable evidence that wins worker’s compensation and liability cases. The facts are alarming:
Nearly 25% of Americans say that insurance fraud is okay. And nearly half wouldn’t report someone for insurance fraud. (Accenture Ltd. 2003)
- A third of Americans says it’s okay for employees to stay off the job and receive worker’s comp benefits even though the doctor says they can return to work. (Insurance Research Council 1999)
- More than a third of bodily injury claims from car crashes are fraudulent. (Insurance Research Council 1996)
- Arson is the largest cause of property damage in the U.S. and accounts for 25% of all fires in America. (National Fire Protection Association 1998)
- Many insurers report an 1100% return on investment for fighting fraud. (Health Insurance Association of America 1999) And more than a third report that fraud has increased over the last three years. (Insurance Research Council 2002)
- Fraud accounts for 10% of U.S. healthcare expenditures. (Government Accounting Office 1992, National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association 2001)
Using subrosa surveillance, AOE/COE investigations, background research, trial testimony, or related services, FAM has the experience to expose the truth. Our expert investigations will expose and/or confirm fraudulent claims of physical impairment or deformity. We work closely with lawyers to understand their litigation strategy, determine how best to build an effective lawsuit, and take actions to substantiate your case. FAM’s experienced private investigators are thoroughly trained to interview potential witnesses and take depositions. Our participation in the process can often make the difference between winning and losing a case.
Business Intelligence/Due Diligence
Are you looking to learn more about what your competition is up to? Are you worried that your competition is covertly working to get that same information about you? Whatever your business intelligence needs, FAM has the expertise to provide you with the knowledge you need to succeed. We can also provide consulting and expert witness testimony for criminal and civil trials in matters pertaining to corporate security.
If you are experiencing trouble with a spouse, partner, or family member, or if you feel you’re in danger for any reason, protect your assets by calling FAM immediately. You will be assigned an experienced investigator to effectively and discreetly gather the information you need. We’ll meet with you at the location of your choosing and in the strictest of confidence. We’ll consult with your lawyers to craft an effective legal strategy and take any and all necessary actions to gather the evidence you need.
When accurate knowledge of the assets of a company or individual is critical to you or your business, a FAM International investigation will enable you to make an informed decision. We have aided banks, corporations, law firms, judgment holders, and next of kin in the location of assets in the U.S. and abroad. FAM can help you ascertain the value and location of assets through our exhaustive search capabilities in the areas of:
- Property records
- Bankruptcy records
- UCC-1 filings
- Divorce records
- Tax liens
- Tax appraisals
- Personal Asset Checks
- Business interests
- Previous or pending litigation
- Financial information
- Identification of fictitious names
- Sources of income
- State corporate information
- Vehicle, vessel, and aircraft registration